Monday, October 21, 2013

Pardoner's Tale to Wife of Bath's Tale

HWK for Tues. read Wife of Bath through page 280 (to "Words between the Summoner and the Friar")

And work on your short stories...due Wednesday. 

Start thinking of a British Sonnet that you will memorize for next week.

Plus a few thoughts...

When Death is personified in the Pardoner's Tale, I thought of John Donne's sonnet "Death, Be Not Proud" about which, once upon a time, I had to write an essay... but that's another story. I also thought of Shakespeare's Sonnet 146... that I had once memorized because I liked the morbid yet liberating theme. Then today, I happened to check in on my old friend Garrison Keillor's Writer's Almanac - I have neglected him this year (I used to listen to him daily and often share with my classes at the start as students trickled in...but this year's been different, new preps and a new schedule with 40 minute classes have me crunched for time. But today, I want to share these. As a well as scene from Wit.

No comments:

Post a Comment